Charitable Contributions/Donations Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Willmut Gas, a Sempra Company. We receive a great number of donation requests. Although we would love to support all charitable organizations and events, unfortunately we cannot possibly grant every request we receive. Willmut Gas' focus areas of charitable giving are: Education, Environment, leadership development, Economic Development, Health & Human Services and other humanitarian/charitable areas.
In order to receive consideration, an organization or event must be:
- Organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, environmental, educational and other humanitarian purposes
- Have tax exempt Sec. 501(c)(3) or Sec. 501(c)(4) status from the IRS.
- Event must be held within the service areas of Willmut Gas: Hattiesburg, Oak Grove, Rawls Springs, Leeville, Dixie, Sanford, Seminary, Collins, Mount Olive, Magee, Mendenhall, D’Lo, Braxton, Pearl, Flowood, Monterey, East Jackson and Thomasville.
- Requests funded in one year does not guarantee future funding as all requests are reviewed annually to best fit our philanthropic goals and budget.
- The application must be received at least four weeks before the event date in order to be considered.
Submit all requests on organizational letterhead and include at least the following information:
- Date, time and location of event
- Description of event
- Approximate number of attendees/participants
- Dollar amount requested or type of donation requested
- Who to make payment to and where to send it
- Beneficiary of the event, including TAX ID NUMBER
- Description of any and all event recognition that Willmut Gas will receive for this donation (programs, posters, banners, web, other media, etc.)
- Contact information (phone, address, email) for the person coordinating this donation
Willmut Gas does not consider requests for political, controversial or for-profit organizations; sports teams; individuals, third parties, travel or student trips. We will consider donations to religious organizations having community-wide goals; e.g. a church-run public soup kitchen, food pantry, homeless shelter or other initiative where the mission is clearly to help the general community.
If your organization or event meets the above criteria, please e-mail your Charitable Donation Request to us at Freddie.Triplett@SpireEnergy.com or mail to: Willmut Gas, P. O. Box 1649 Hattiesburg, MS 39403-1649. Attention: Freddie Triplett. Requests are reviewed every other month.